This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alerts from unauthorized devices on Network

Good Morning

I was wondering if anyone can advise on a couple of questions I have on monitoring. Currently we have a MOX server box that is managed my an offsite engineer. My boss wants to know if there is a way for Solarwinds to do the same thing. Below are the 3 main tasks this box does

1) Ping monitoring, I was told that Solarwinds may be able to do all of this with the proper amount of Licenses

2)MRTG - monitors traffic, UPS, Data, I think Solarwinds may be able to do this with the proper amount of Licenses, not sure.

3) Monitors all Cisco devices and configs and looks for errors such as err-disabled ports and unauthorized devices connected to network. Right now we get alerts if a port goes err-disabled or an unauthorized device is connected to our network. This is a REAL important one with us. Is there a way for Solarwinds to do this? The engineer that manages the MOX box suggested we look for DHCPmon on the Solarwinds box. Maybe it needs to be activated or something not sure.

Thanks so much and appreciate any advice.

Rob