This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How do I configure an alert when WTI device environmentInputPower = No Power

Hello!

I'm trying to configure a custom alert that specifically alerts on two UnDPs that I configured for the following MIBs:

• environmentInputPower1 INTEGER, -> .1.3.6.1.4.1.2634.1.200.10.1.22.1
  • environmentInputPower2 INTEGER, -> .1.3.6.1.4.1.2634.1.200.10.1.23.1

This is for WTI devices that have input power sources. I need to alert when these power sources are displaying the integer 0, or false.

I'm open to any suggestions at this point as I am at the end of my knowledge set in regards to this.

I attempted to follow this Success Center article but the current value doesn't seem to be adding up to a true/false, even though I have it configured that way under the UnDP manager in the SW console itself.

• If you intend to alert on all nodes being monitored in your environment suggest you do the following.

note down the following.

Vendor name of the nodes being alerted, example Dell.

The UnDP unique name exampe, PowerInputstate (you can find this in the orion universal device poller application on the main poller assigned against the node).

the numeric value to trigger the alert. example 1 means the powerinputstate is on.

with the above.

create the below.

pastedImage_2.png

to validate it triggering, click on the summary section in the wizard flow, and scroll down the bottom and you should see

pastedImage_3.png

Click on show list to see which nodes will be triggered.

happy days!