This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Tracking Number Of Wireless Clients By AP / Interface

A couple weeks ago someone posted a couple of widgets / sql queries that would track the number of clients on a given interface for an AP.  I tried it and it did not seem to work correctly for me.  I've been digging into it further and still can't see to get accurate results.

Does anyone know what the 'Clients' field in Orion.Packages.Wireless.Interfaces represents?

Presumably it  is the number of clients on that AP's interface, but when I query it I get results that are wildly off.  Right now, for instance, it is reporting 32 clients on the 802.11a interface of an AP at a small retail site with no guest wifi and the 802.11a radio is disabled.

When I query the Orion.Packages.Wireless.AccessPoints for that AP I get 1 client.  (When I look at the controller itself I also see only 1 client).

I'm getting similar results with many other AP's so I believe I must be misinterpreting that the 'clients' field represents.

Does anyone know?

Thanks.