This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

If I Exclude node from Alert, will other nodes still trigger?

FormerMember
FormerMember

As title says, if created a custom property group using this guide :  Success Center

Then edited an alert to exclude this custom property group using this guide:  Success Center

I only see how to exclude, I'm just wondering if the other nodes that I want this to still trigger on will trigger when needed?

Thanks

• If you have followed the steps correctly, when editing the trigger condition you can modify the Scope of the alert to limit which object can trigger the alert.

pastedImage_11.png

In this example I have create a custom property called IncludeInAlerts.

pastedImage_7.png

" In the Value field, select Yes to Include or No to Exclude the devices in the Custom property"

Click on the (Show List) link will show you the object which match your selection

pastedImage_14.png

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to tony.johnson

Tony,

Thanks for your reply, sorry for my late response. So I followed the guide to exclude certain nodes . Do I then need to add another line to include the rest of the nodes I do want this to trigger on?

Thanks

• When clicking on the (Show List) link it will show you the objects which match your selection.

pastedImage_14.png

These are the objects which can trigger the alert.  If this is not what you expect to see you will need to adjust the scope.