This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SAM reporting features and event console

Hi Team,

We are new to SAM and having below questions regarding SAM...

1.What about the reporting features of SAM? Ca we extract performance/availability reports from SAM for a certain period?

2.Does SAM has its own event console or EOC is the only option?

Thanks

Suman

• Hi,

1.What about the reporting features of SAM? Ca we extract performance/availability reports from SAM for a certain period?- Yes you can extract reports for any time period

2.Does SAM has its own event console or EOC is the only option?-- Event console is common irrespective of modules you are using.. what exactly are you looking for in the event section?

• Hi,

I want to have a consolidated view of NPM and SAM events.We are already having NPM installed in our environment.If we deploy SAM on a seperate server, how will we get consolidated view of SAM and NPM events?

Our command center wants to have a view having fields like CI name,event message,incident number(ServiceNow integrated) etc. Is there any out of box view like this or we have to create this?

Thanks

Suman

• 1.What about the reporting features of SAM? Ca we extract performance/availability reports from SAM for a certain period? - Reporting is already available when you implemented NPM, once you install SAM on top of it the fields that are captured by SAM are also available under reports.

2.Does SAM has its own event console or EOC is the only option? - You wouldn't need an EOC, as i said once you install SAM onto NPM everything is visible under the same GUI, both your NPM and SAM work as one and everything is visible under a unified console which you are looking for.

And yes lastly, you can integrate SolarWinds with ServiceNow (Cloud instance) for automated ticket creation.

• Hi Suman,

I understand where you are coming from, dont worry much emoticons_happy.png, if you have already worked on NPM its a piece of cake for you to work on SAM, everything is the same, the only new thing that you gotta learn is how to create templates on SAM.

A. the way you create your reports will be same.

B. you will be using the same solarwinds orion console.

C. the way you create alerts will be same.

D. the way you add nodes will be same.

E. LDAP integration is same, you dont need SAM to integrate your LDAP onto Orion either.

1. Install SAM on NPM.

2. Rest of your questions are answered already i suppose. Everything will be visible under same console.

Hope it helps emoticons_happy.png

• Hi Suman.. Vinay has answered all your queries...

Feel free to post if you still have questions...

• Sorry i missed one thing, where will you see this -> CI name,event message,incident number(ServiceNow integrated)

Once you integrate Orion with ServiceNow and once you enable automated ticket creation, you will see this information on your Orion alerts screen (Alerts & Activities -> Alerts), you will now see a new field added onto your alerts which is 'incident number', this is a two way integration hence when alerts are sent to SNOW for automated ticket creation, SNOW will respond back with the incident number which will be updated on your alerts screen. (There is no need for you to create anything out of the box)