2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2019 3:49 PM by serena

Dell hardware sensors not showing for all nodes

rektolisk

I have now moved my monitoring to SNMP for my Dell Hyper-V Hosts but I am getting mixed results after I refresh their resources to setup monitoring.

Here are some examples of this:

Dell PowerEdge R710 with OpenManage 8.5 - All sensors showing

Dell PowerEdge R710 with OpenManage 9.3 - No hardware sensors

Dell PowerEdge R710 with OpenManage 8.5 - Partial hardware sensors

I would have expected all of these devices to show full hardware sensors as atleast one of them running 8.5 is working as expected, I have tested using SNMPv1 and v2 with no change in results.

EDIT

Looking at the hardware pollers, it appears that some of them are showing as "not a match", even though it's the same chassis and software version (or higher) than a working host.

The ones with partial sensors are listed as "Exact match"

Has anyone seen this before or does anyone have any ideas as to where I may have missed?

Many thanks

• Re: Dell hardware sensors not showing for all nodes
          picuet

Do you have any ACLs in the MIB table?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Dell hardware sensors not showing for all nodes
            serena

rektolisk  wrote:

I have now moved my monitoring to SNMP for my Dell Hyper-V Hosts but I am getting mixed results after I refresh their resources to setup monitoring.

Here are some examples of this:

Dell PowerEdge R710 with OpenManage 8.5 - All sensors showing

Dell PowerEdge R710 with OpenManage 9.3 - No hardware sensors

Dell PowerEdge R710 with OpenManage 8.5 - Partial hardware sensors

I would have expected all of these devices to show full hardware sensors as atleast one of them running 8.5 is working as expected, I have tested using SNMPv1 and v2 with no change in results.

EDIT

Looking at the hardware pollers, it appears that some of them are showing as "not a match", even though it's the same chassis and software version (or higher) than a working host.

The ones with partial sensors are listed as "Exact match"

Has anyone seen this before or does anyone have any ideas as to where I may have missed?

Many thanks

Have you run through this troubleshooting guide? Troubleshooting hardware health in the Orion Platform