This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Concurrent Session

Hiii

Can i know below regarding the Orion Users:

a) With a single account, how many concurrent sessions can a SolarWinds Installation Support

b) In total, how many concurrent sessions can i have using the Web Console

Best Regards,

Geo John

• HI,

With reference to SolarWinds Documentation if : "You have more than 20 users accessing the web console simultaneously, then SolarWinds recommends the installation of an additional web server that will load balance the number of concurrent users."

In my environment i have 2 additional webservers behind an F5 and never have any problems around 75 - 100 users, but this can depend on real life activities such as running reports, polling frequencies, netpath, real time process monitoring etc.. if you are uncertain you could load up a 30-Day trial license and run a POC and get the engineers to use it for a week and monitor both server preformance. iv also seen enviroemnts where users only use a additional webserver for reports, users access etc and the main polling engine is simply the polling engine

https://www.solarwinds.com/-/media/solarwinds/swdcv2/licensed-products/orion-scalability-

Scalability Engine Guidelines for SolarWinds products

• On Tuesday, October 15, 2019, i_like_eggs

• Hii,

Thank you for your reply. My query is as below:

1. I have an user named noc.

2. This same user is being used by 40 people

Under the above scenario, what would be your reccomendation. Is it same

effect as having 40 multiple accounts.

On Tuesday, October 15, 2019, i_like_eggs

• i see, if you are using a service account it wont matter if it is the same account or individual Orion accounts the principle is the same in regards to concurrent users count.

you may have already realised but when users are using the same account you loose the ability to audit such as 'who' and 'when' for example who changed custom properties, who added or removed nodes or who acknowledged alerts etc.. SolarWinds provides a plethora of different ways to authenticate to avoid this type of scenario, I would recommend looking into the different types of authentications methods;

Create users in the Orion Platform

while you have 40 users it would be worthwhile to extend to an additional web server if you are seeing any degradation of your Orion platform.