This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Add vCenter to Solarwinds Using SwisPowerShell

I am struggling to find a verb to add vCenter to Solarwinds within SWQL Studio 2.3.0.117. I have looked around for hours!

I tried using New-SwisObject with an EntityType of "Orion.Nodes" and MachineType of "VMware vCenter Server" in the hope that it would figure the rest out, but that's only one of the actions it does as part of the process.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

• Not an easy way that I can think off from the top of my head, new-swisobject is pretty much like doing a sql insert, it only adds the thing you want to that single table.  It never just figures things out for you, so you end up needing to set one up manually and identify all the tables that object starts showing up on, and all the settings and parameters related to it.

The key is to focus on the other verbs that are built in, leverage them wherever possible because the verbs actually do figure everything out, but for some operations no verb has been created yet so you just have to try to draw attention to it emoticons_sad.png