2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2019 9:16 AM by mgraveen

Serv-U 14.0.1.0

mgraveen

I am using Serv-U File Server Corporate Edition and I'm running into an issue were I try and manage my users from the management console and I get the following error

My OS is Windows Server 2008 R2.  I believe the problem surfaced with the latest round of OS patches.  Before I go down the road of removing patches, I thought I'd check here.  Is this the latest version of Serv-U?

Thanks,

Mike

• Re: Serv-U 14.0.1.0
          calc2014

Hi Mike, The current version of Serv-U is 15.1.7, you can download it from Customer Portal Login | SolarWinds

Whilst I would not recommend using an old version, if you need to get into it, you could try right clicking the tray icon and selecting 'Use System Browser' and make it load up the management console in Chrome for example. However it may stil not fix that,v14 is very old.

• Re: Serv-U 14.0.1.0
              mgraveen

Hi calc2014,

Thanks for your response.  Using the system tray icon and running it from the web browser worked (well, Chrome did, but IE did not).  I am now able to see and edit my users.

Yes, Serv-U File Server 14.0.1.0 is old, but I think this is the latest version I can get.  I originally purchased this software when it was available with upgrade protection that never expired.  I think Solarwinds took the original software and diverged it into two separate products (Serv-U FTP and Serv-U MFT).  This effectively put an end to my rights to upgrade.

Thanks again for your help.

Mike