This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Need assistance with STM/Profiler upgrade path

Good day everyone! I recently upgraded my Solarwinds and migrated VMAN off an older appliance version. The only thing I haven't updated is a separate server running STM/Profiler. I understand I might have two paths before me, but it is a little confusing to say the least.

Path 1

I hear I can use Orion SRM on my primary server as a replacement for STM/Profiler. I've read I lose out of some virtualization data using Orion SRM, but that newer VMAN covers those gaps. I think I can deactivate STM/Profiler licensing from it's portal and then activate the license in Orion to enable Orion SRM.

Is that the correct process? The other hanging question is, even if that is all correct, is there a way to import data (like reports) from STM/Profiler?

Path 2

I think I could also choose to upgrade STM/Profiler and keep it as a separate server.. Though updates for this stopped two years ago. I believe the only way I'd gain from staying on this path is if we didn't have VMAN.

I could use some sage like advise from others out there more imtimate with these products. Thank you for your time!

• To the question on path 1, there is not a migration method.  They essentially just expect you to cut over.

At this point the only cause I see for keeping STM separate is when clients have one of the few array types that never got added to the Orion SRM.  At this point all of those array models that I can remember are getting pretty old so this is becoming less and less common of a situation.