3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2019 2:25 PM by serena

Temperature sensors not updating with V Center 6.7

gareth.armstrong

Hi guys,

I've set up a perfstack analysis monitor for my organisation's VMWare hosts, monitoring CPU temperature and CPU utilisation. Both of these figures are scraped from the monitoring in V-Centre, but it seems only the utilisation figures are updating automatically. to update the temperature sensor, I have to go on to the V-Centre and manually refresh the hardware health page.

I'd like this to update every 5 minutes, along with the refresh time of the CPU utilisation figures - does anyone know if there's something within VMWare that I need to do to get it automatically updating? or is there a different sensor that I need to use?

Thanks!

Gareth

• Re: Temperature sensors not updating with V Center 6.7
          Steffen Gutzeit

Hi Gareth,

Hardware stats are polled every 10min (default setting) so you should see your temperature as well as cpu/ram utilisation being updated in Perfstack regularly. Can you see updated stats on the node details page?

Best regards,

Steffen Gutzeit

gareth.armstrong

Hi Steffen,

I’m seeing the figure updated on Solarwinds but the figure hasn’t updated on the V-Center, so it results in us getting the same figure every time Solarwinds polls. I’m aware that this is more a VMWare issue – I was hoping that someone had had this problem and had a way of getting solarwinds to refresh the hardware health figures on the V-Center at the same time as polling?

Cheers,

Gareth Armstrong

Technical Engineer

0161 613 4200 | DD: 0161 613 4331

Aquila Heywood, Hamilton House, Church Street, Altrincham, WA14 4DR

www.aquilaheywood.co.uk

serena

gareth.armstrong  wrote:

Hi Steffen,

I’m seeing the figure updated on Solarwinds but the figure hasn’t updated on the V-Center, so it results in us getting the same figure every time Solarwinds polls. I’m aware that this is more a VMWare issue – I was hoping that someone had had this problem and had a way of getting solarwinds to refresh the hardware health figures on the V-Center at the same time as polling?

Cheers,

Gareth Armstrong

Technical Engineer

0161 613 4200 | DD: 0161 613 4331

Aquila Heywood, Hamilton House, Church Street, Altrincham, WA14 4DR

www.aquilaheywood.co.uk

Unfortunately we've asked the VMware SDK team about this (we had an open support ticket with them), their recommendation when this occurs is to disconnect and reconnect the host to force a refresh. They also had said they felt this was fixed in later versions, but as you are mentioning 6.7, that doesn't seem to be the case.