This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Upgrading from 2.2 renders server unusable

I tried to upgrade from WPM 2.2 to the latest 3.0. It says it has to upgrade the platform to 2019.2

The platform upgrade occurs normally. After that, it says WPM 2.2 is incompatible with the new platform and the installer errors out. Additionally, it partially removes 2.2. If I attempt to re-run the installer it gives the same incompatibility message. If I go into Control Panel and attempt to remove 2.2, it can't find the uninstaller. Also, unsurprisingly, WPM no longer functions. Glad I took a snapshot.

Reverted to Snapshot. This time, attempted to remove 2.2 before upgrading. Nope, it just opens the installer with no option to remove products, only add them. WTF??

The 3.0 installer runs all pre-install checks with no warnings related to the upgrade. It just warns that it will attempt to also upgrade Players and asks if I took a backup of my DB.

This is the second time I've tried to upgrade a solarwinds product version and it bombed out. I ended up just building a new server from scratch last time. Is this a "fact of life" of Solarwinds upgrades or is there some hidden /stopsucking switch or intermediary upgrade I need to do that I don't know about?

• Sorry to hear that. That is definitely not something we would consider a fact of life or normal. I realize you already went back to the snapshot and tried some other things so not %100 certain what state your install is in now but that would be something we would want to get a ticket open for so we can investigate and work on a resolution for you. If you are still stuck please open a ticket with support and feel free to ping the ticket number back here so I can be sure to track internally and make sure you get a resolution.