4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2019 9:20 AM by bjoern-cusatum

ARM not passing specified parameters to powershell script.

bevan-l

So I wish to use ARM to run a powershell script when it creates the user.

The user creation part all works successfully, however when it runs the powershell script this is what happens:

I've configured it to run this script:

"C:\ProgramData\protected-networks.com\8MAN\scripts\analyze\ExchangeParam.ps1"

Parameters:

"{samaccountname}"

Contents of the "ExchangeParam.ps1" script:

$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri http://FQDNExchangeServer/PowerShell/ -Authentication KerberosImport-PSSession $Session

$args[1] = $samaccountname

Send-MailMessage -From 'SolarwindsARM@contoso.com' -To 'myworkemail@contoso.com' -Subject 'Test mail' -SmtpServer 'exchangesmtp.contoso.com' -Body "The parameter name is: $samaccountname and being passed through the script correctly."

I create a user in ARM and ensure the checkbox is ticked to Start the external program/powershell script.

The user I created was called: Test User

samaccountname:     usetes

When I go to look at the logs, the {samaccountname} parameter which is passed to the powershell script, is just being appended to the end of the powershell script.. as you can see below:

Custom executable finished with output: [000] powershell.exe -inputformat none -File "C:\ProgramData\protected-networks.com\8MAN\scripts\analyze\ExchangeParam.ps1" usetes

The user is created successfully and I receive the email:

The parameter name is: and being passed through the script correctly.

So the script isnt getting the parameter passed to it correctly... All ARM is doing is appending the {samaccountname} parameter to the end of the powershell command and thats it..

Am I missing something here??? All the doco I can find online has the exact same info and all correct... I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly here????