5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2019 4:15 AM by thanosz

Restricted view for specific users

thanosz

I was wondering if anyone has done or thought of doing the following:

Create a view for specific group of users that will allow them to see the status of very specific nodes/applications (up or down) - similar to the below:

Allow these users to perform a specific action (reboot the nodes) and don't allow them to view any information regarding these nodes other than the restricted 'Management' view:

At the same time, these users will not be able to navigate anywhere else (all hyperlinks will be disabled or return an error message)

I have copied the 'Node Details - Summary' view, disabled the left navigation, removed all resources but 'Management' but it only works if I select the 'View Limitation' to be for a single network node, not for  a group of nodes. When I make that view to be the 'Home Page View' for the new user, I have to define the default network device. By doing that, I can only see the 'Management' of the default device and I cannot navigate to any other of the group nodes.

Any ideas on how to achieve the above?

• Re: Restricted view for specific users
          thanosz

I was able to achieve the above by creating two different views, the first view only has the 'All Nodes' resource on one column and set a limitation to a group of nodes.

The other view is a copy of the 'Node Details - Summary' which only has the 'Management' resource available and again a limitation to the same group of nodes as the first view.

I then created a user account with limited access to the group of nodes used on both views, disabled all reports, alerts, menu bar and views, set all settings to none/no apart from the 'Server & Application Monitor Settings > Allow nodes to be rebooted' which I set to Yes.

The first view was selected under the 'Home Page View' and 'Default Summary View' and the second (the copy of Node Details - Summary) under 'Orion General Settings - Node Details View'.

1 of 1 people found this helpful