This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Database stress test

BLUF: I'm looking for a way to test the database for latency without generating network traffic.

I'm familiar with, but not proficient with databases, and I don't really know SQL. I've laways been a hardware/software troubleshooter and recently transitioned into a netwrok monitoring role where Solarwinds is the preferred tool. We've recently been having soem problems with an EOC dashboard not loading all of the data. We sent log files to Solarwinds support, they advised that they noticed a lot of "Long Running Querry" errors and that such errors are typically a sign of database latency, either from the EOC database, or the NPM database.

While doing some research, it was noticed that the problem doesn't occur during times with low network usage. We hadn't noticed this before because it's a new dashboard and not many people know it is there. Also, we don't have a lot of users accessing EOC in general. My thinking is that if it loads fine during low network usage, it might just be network latency and not database latency causing problems.

I'd like to be able to test the database over the weekend, give it the workload of a normal day, without having the network traffic of a normal day. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this, so I was hoping someone might be able to give soem help.