5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2019 11:33 AM by serena

Looking for Windows 2016 Cluster Monitor for SAM

jmckinney

Very new to creating App Mon Templates.  I see a few 2008 and 2012 Cluster Monitors that use Powershell on Thwack.

Is there anyone out there using a 2016 Cluster Monitor template that they would be kind enough to post? 

Or will the 2008/2012 monitors still work for a 2016 server?

• Re: Looking for Windows 2016 Cluster Monitor for SAM
          serena

jmckinney  wrote:

Very new to creating App Mon Templates.  I see a few 2008 and 2012 Cluster Monitors that use Powershell on Thwack.

Is there anyone out there using a 2016 Cluster Monitor template that they would be kind enough to post? 

Or will the 2008/2012 monitors still work for a 2016 server?

Hi Jason, are you referring to the Cluster Failover templates? we do have some that are applicable to 2016, if that is the case.

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2-2016 Failover Cluster (Advanced)

Microsoft Windows Server 2012 - 2016 Failover Cluster

If these aren't the templates you were referring to, please let me know. I'm happy to review any updated templates that customers share here as a possible update to existing OOTB templates.

kurtwest

I don't see these templates in Solarwinds.  I just upgraded SAM to the latest version.  I don't know how to get these templates if they are not already listed in "Manage Templates".  Please advise what I should do.

serena

kurtwest  wrote:

I don't see these templates in Solarwinds.  I just upgraded SAM to the latest version.  I don't know how to get these templates if they are not already listed in "Manage Templates".  Please advise what I should do.

check out our documentation on how to import application templates here: Import and export SAM templates

Also those are OOTB templates. Click into manage application templates, and filter based on Failover Cluster

jerry_preuss

Do the newer 2012-2016 Failover cluster templates only come with a newer version of Solarwinds?  We're currently not scheduled until mid-2020 to upgrade from 2018.02 and looking to get this template, but I cannot find it in the "Application Monitor Templates" or "Shared Templates on THWACK." Any chance to get them sooner or are there requirements that the lower version of Solarwinds do not contain? Thanks!

serena

jerry_preuss  wrote:

Do the newer 2012-2016 Failover cluster templates only come with a newer version of Solarwinds?  We're currently not scheduled until mid-2020 to upgrade from 2018.02 and looking to get this template, but I cannot find it in the "Application Monitor Templates" or "Shared Templates on THWACK." Any chance to get them sooner or are there requirements that the lower version of Solarwinds do not contain? Thanks!

One way you could get this template sooner is downloading the SAM bits and installing the latest GA version as a test VM, then exporting the template out of the management page and importing that template into your older SAM system. I haven't tried that with that template, so there's a chance that there was an improvement in the component monitor in the latest versions, so you might have a component that isn't working as expected.

1 of 1 people found this helpful