This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Availability Statistics

My upper management is looking to get some kind of graph similar to the one attached here for our network availability statistics. They want to see availability for different areas/groups of the network for previous 12 months. I've seen this type of graph on individual node levels, but not for a collection of nodes. I've only seen charts that list out the availability for each node in question. Any advice on how to go about creating this would be appreciated.

• You got these network nodes in a group already? - That's probably the easiest way to achieve what you're after

• I had tried putting them in a group, but it only gives values for the time they have been in the group, which won't help my case in showing how the network has performed this year.

• That's unfortunate, you're going to need to write some SWQL I think, have you used it before?

Alternately a few exports to excel would work for a one-off

You'd need to have a think about how to roll up these statistics - If any of the devices are down is the group down? How to different statuses work in your model? Packet loss?

• Very sparingly. We would roll these up as an average, so if we have nodes A-D on the network and D was down all month, that month's availability would be 75%

• Might be best to start with excel for this one then - I'm trying to work through it for curiosity at the moment, and you probably need a CTE so you might have to use actual SQL. Getting the data out is fairly straightforward though, you could even just export from some of the availability or packet loss charts. Getting it all done in one query so you can Custom Chart it is a bit more fiddly. If you go the SWQL/SQL route keep an eye on the archive level (if it's been rounded out) and/or the weight columns (seconds since last entry).

• This is pretty easy actually, nothing too fancy in this case.

For my example I'm going to say I want to group them by the Location property, there's nothing stopping you from grouping by a custom property or really anything you want though.

I'd start by building a new report and adding the a chart to it.  When you add a new chart it wants you to give it a data source.  For my lab I'm just going to set it to all nodes where Location = Austin, Texas.

pastedImage_0.png

Add a data point to chart out, so im going to response time history and picking availability.

pastedImage_1.png

make sure to check the box for Data Grouping and set it to the location field or whatever you are filtering against.

pastedImage_2.png

My lab isn't very eventful, so here is the chart

pastedImage_3.png

If you had selected multiple locations in your data source it would have a line for each unique location, this is what mine looks like when I don't specify any individual location.

pastedImage_4.png

-Marc Netterfield

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services