This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report or query historical average cpu for windows process component on all nodes

Hi,

I'm wondering about some reasonable ways to go about querying the historical  average CPU for a specific windows process component in an application monitor across all nodes.

The story is this.  We have security agent software on one machine that I noticed was using more CPU than anticipated on a single node.  I am now curious to see across about 1000 nodes what the historical CPU usage is (likely a 1-7 day history).  If there are other nodes I can use that in my support call with the vendor.

I'm not quite sure how to get this information.  I'll probably export this to some visualization tool to click and drill through to explorer patterns or to cluster.

What ways can I query/obtain this data?

• Fastest way in the GUI is a report with a custom chart, or a custom table if you prefer to export the raw data out to another tool. 

Something where you set the data source to be components where the name = "Your agent" and then add in the columns for cpu load to the chart.  Initially it would give you a separate row for each instance of that component but if you set the data grouping by Name then it should consolidate them all into one large average.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png