This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Device offline report

I would like to be able generate a report daily, monthly and quarterly that would show the amount of time in minutes each time that a site goes offline.

This report would should show each event with the initial time and duration of the outage.

Currently I have email alerts sent to my group but we would like a report to summarize the activity.

From Subject Received Size Categories

EHM Notification ALERT: Node Router - Ashdod is Down 8/5/2019 61 KB

EHM Notification RESET: Node Router - Ashdod is Up. 8/5/2019 59 KB

Node was down for 1437 minutes

• I build a report that does something similar.  It runs every 2 weeks and kicks back a list of devices that have been offline for 20+ days.  It returns the Device name, IP, Contact, Location, and last seen date/time.

I had to write it in SQL because I couldn't figure out how to get the report writer to do date comparisons.

So if you go into the Report Wizard and select custom SQL/SWQL and paste this, it should work for you.

If you want to adjust the number of days, the last line where it says "day, -20, GETDATE()" is where you'd do that.  Basically it says subtract 20 days from today.  If you change it to Month -1 it should do one month or you can just increase or decrease the number of days to meet your needs.  Hope that helps.

SELECT
    n.Caption as 'Display Name'
    , n.IP_address as 'IP Address'
    , n.Contact as "Asset/SN"
    , n.Location as "Location"
    , s.LastSystemUpTimePollUtc as "Last Online"

FROM [OrionDB].[dbo].[NodesStatistics] as s
    join OrionDB.dbo.Nodes as n on n.nodeid = s.NodeID

where n.status = 2
      and
      s.LastSystemUpTimePollUtc <= DATEADD(day, -20, GETDATE())