This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

New help with setting up alerts containing VBScript

Hi All,

I am completely new to Solarwinds and would like some help on setting up alerts containing Vb Script. I have been tasked with adding an alert that goes out and reads a .txt file and if it finds the wording "problem connection" in the text, i need the script to list the string that the text is found in and; if found return the line that the text is in and change the server to status to "down" and send an alert. If no "Problem Connection" text is found just end program and maintain server status as "UP". Can I please get some help or feedback on setting up this alert up on my solarwinds.

Thanks in advance

Scott

• sstump2  wrote:

Hi All,

I am completely new to Solarwinds and would like some help on setting up alerts containing Vb Script. I have been tasked with adding an alert that goes out and reads a .txt file and if it finds the wording "problem connection" in the text, i need the script to list the string that the text is found in and; if found return the line that the text is in and change the server to status to "down" and send an alert. If no "Problem Connection" text is found just end program and maintain server status as "UP". Can I please get some help or feedback on setting up this alert up on my solarwinds.

Thanks in advance

Scott

Scott, since you're new to SolarWinds there are a few resources to help you get started. We provide live classes and office hours as well as how to webinars.

Success Center

Virtual Classrooms | SolarWinds Customer Portal

We also have a getting started guide that could get you pointed in the right direction

Explore alerts and reports