This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Installing SAM Agent

When I go through the steps to create an MSI for the agent, it produces an MSI that I am able to successfully install. However, the node never shows up in the console. If I add the same node through the "Add Node" wizard and go to install the agent, it tells me that the agent is already installed and that the installed agent is pointing to a different server. I picked what I think is the correct polling server when creating the MSI, but I must be doing something wrong.

• christopherwalker  wrote:

When I go through the steps to create an MSI for the agent, it produces an MSI that I am able to successfully install. However, the node never shows up in the console. If I add the same node through the "Add Node" wizard and go to install the agent, it tells me that the agent is already installed and that the installed agent is pointing to a different server. I picked what I think is the correct polling server when creating the MSI, but I must be doing something wrong.

Hi Chris,

Have you submitted a support ticket for the issue you're seeing?

Submit a Ticket | SolarWinds Customer Portal

• When you download the MSI there is an accompanying MST file that must be used if you want the installation of the Agent to include the configuration settings.