2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2019 3:58 PM by nato

Alerts forwarded to NOC (bunch of questions)

nato

How do I get my network alerts sent to our NOC? What does the NOC view mean? Is this what the NOC interacts with when viewing my equipment?

I want to send the alert to an IP address. I've watched the training videos, spent the time in equipment (NPM). Alerts are sent to my email. What do I do next?

-hope to get help- NV

• Re: Alerts forwarded to NOC (bunch of questions)
          David Smith

Hi Nato,

So to send alerts to your NOC Team you simply decide how you want the notifications to be sent (Default in most instances is Email, but it could be ServiceNow integration etc) and then you send the alert to that teams email address. When the alert triggers it will send your NOC an email.

The NOC View is just a name that SolarWinds has given to the settings within the Dashboard, which make a normal summary view more friendly to a Large display/monitor such as one you might see in a typical Network Ops Center. It makes the screen a lot more streamlined and includes the ability to auto-rotate around the page tabs. Your NOC Engineers would most likely need a dedicated dashboard for when they login to SolarWinds for diagnostics or troubleshooting vs what you might have on the NOC Summary screen as that is just supposed to be a snapshot of the network.