Allied Consultants, Inc. is an Austin-based firm which has for 25 years been a premier provider of technical and business professionals to clients in Texas. We are currently seeking an experienced Java Full Stack Developer to be a key resource on a technical services team.
Allied Consultants offers its family of consultants excellent rates, a local support staff, and an attractive benefits package which includes medical insurance (Allied shares a percentage of the cost), life insurance, a matching 401(k) plan and a cafeteria plan.
Candidates selected for interview will be required to undergo criminal background checks and may be required to complete a drug screen in accordance with Federal and State Law. Offers of Employment are contingent on a successful background check
Allied Consultants is an equal opportunities employer.
The agency's Information Resource Management (IT Division) seeks Workers to perform in a Developer role to assist in planning and coordinating continued modernization development activities for the agency's complex casework management system (IMPACT), PEIRS, SSCC, Child Placement Portal, Incentives and Remedies, Community Based Care, and other operational projects. The Workers will work with technical teams comprising of technical team leads, developers, user interface/user experience engineers, and technical/functional testing analysts. The Workers will facilitate meetings, elicit project details and document requirements for development projects focused on continuing modernization activities of existing agency Enterprise Java web applications. The Workers will also work in concert with various technical leads (e.g., PMO, CTO, and Systems Development Resources) to prioritize assigned work and develop recommendations, options, and alternatives as required.
A Developer is responsible for the modernization of existing agency Enterprise web applications, following established standards, quality attributes, and design specifications. Developers will be working on teams consisting of Developers, UX engineers, Business Analysts, and Project Manager. This role is responsible for the following:
- Define and Develop low-level design documents
- Contribute to and follow software engineering best practices to create robust and standardized solutions
- Work closely with Business Analysis and Project Management in executing the assigned development work
- Participate in design and development activities for existing and new components
- Perform full stack development including Database, Services, Web Applications, and Front-end development by utilizing various versions of programming languages and frameworks
- Write scalable and high available code by following the design principles and software engineering best practices
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, integration testing, test case automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Identify, investigate, and resolve production problems in a timely manner, based on the priority
- Candidates selected for interviews must be able to do a face to face interview at the agency work location to be considered.
Professional experience in software engineering
Expert in Java development using JEE platforms
Experience in Oracle SQL & PL/SQL
Experience in SOAP or RESTful Web Services
Technical Documentation including Design Documents, Standards, and Configuration Plans
Expert in Spring Framework
Experience in writing meaningful unit test and integration test including Spring test framework, Junit, Mockito framework or equivalent
Experience in Hibernate ORM
Working knowledge of Continuous Integration, Jenkins or equivalent
Expert in Web Application Development, preferably using Angular Framework
Working knowledge of code Version Control using SVN or Git
Experience as a participant in agile software development teams
Working knowledge of Test Automation (Selenium, LoadRunner, Accessibility testing) and the ability to troubleshoot integrations with HP ALM
Experience in IBM WebSphere Server deployments
Experience in Weblogic Application Server deployments
Working knowledge of Responsive / Mobile Development
Working knowledge of Identity & Access Management, Single Sign-on, SAML, OAuth, or JWT
Experience in Static Coding Analysis using SonarQube or similar product
Working knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 / Sec 508