This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

VMAN - Additional VM settings reporting

Hello Thwack,

I am looking to see if there is a specific way to report off the VMWare virtual machine settings, specifically, if a NIC is connected and/or if the checkbox for 'Connect at power on' is checked. I am not sure where in the DB this information would live or if Solarwinds is even polling on these VM settings. I wan unsuccessful in finding an answer thus far. I have attached a screenshot from VMWare.

The report I am looking to build would report on virtual machines that have connect at power on unchecked for when the machine reboots, the NIC will disconnect and sometimes goes unnoticed while people are troubleshooting the downtime. This is a preventative measure to assist when it goes unchecked.

Thank you!

• Hi,
    All polled info about VMs can be found in SWQL studio under Orion.VIM.VirtulaMachines and objects related to it (navigation property). Unfortunately we are not polling much from the configuration except few properties like NIC count.

But if you are using SCM then is possible since we VM stores its configuration into a file which can be parsed using SCM.