This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can I truncate table ResponseTime_CS_cur ?

The database is growing fast enough. For a month, the size of the database increases by about 10 gigabytes. Now the largest table is ResponseTime_CS_cur. Is it safe to truncate it?

I have already truncated the traps and trapsvarbins tables. What other tables are generally available for safe truncation?

1.jpg2.jpg

• rsas.axdov  wrote:

The database is growing fast enough. For a month, the size of the database increases by about 10 gigabytes. Now the largest table is ResponseTime_CS_cur. Is it safe to truncate it?

I have already truncated the traps and trapsvarbins tables. What other tables are generally available for safe truncation?

1.jpg2.jpg

We usually recommend that if you're truncating tables that you sanity check this with a support rep. If you have doubts on whether this is safe - feel free to submit a support ticket Submit a Ticket | SolarWinds Customer Portal 

• Have you verified that database maintenance is running successfully?

• Also, if you have any Agents deployed, please ensure that their date/time is set correctly. It could be that the date is set improperly on one or more of your agent machines, which would then cause that data not to be summarized or purged from the database as part of nightly maintenance since that data appears to have been collected in the future. Just a guess, but something I would recommend looking into.