This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to add Resources to Data Owner Resource selection?

Hi, noob here.  I have ARM up and running, scanning domain, and I want to add User Creation templates to a Requester workflow, but the only Resource that shows up in Resource Selection is Active Directory.  I created a UserCreation template, how do I assign it to a Requestor?

• Hi rbertolett,

copy the template you created into this path: %programdata%/protected-networks.com/8man/data/templates

ARM will automatically try to parse it, if there are errors during the import you will see details in the server health check (bottom right corner of ARM client/config).

Once the template is successfully loaded you should have a template category in the resource selection that includes your template.

Regards

Paul

• Paul,

Thanks for the reply. The path you recommended is where I created the template, and when I open ARM Configuration and go to Data Owners, there are no import errors. I know, because I started by renaming one of the samples with a .json extension, and got an import error. Renamed the sample again, and edited a copy to fit my domain. Still no resources.

• Hello rberolett,

to have more details from pauls answer look into 8MAN help.

After it is successful loaded it is shown in the data owner configuration and you can assign it.

pastedImage_2.png

regards

Mike

• Hi rbertolett,

you need to be sure that the files have the ending like:

TemplateName.CreateNewUser.json

TemplateName.CreateNewGroup.json

TemplateName.CreateMailContact.json (rich client only)

TemplateName.OpenOrderTemplate.json

See 8MAN help

When you just give it a name like "TemplateName.json" it will not work like in your case. The ending is important for ARM to recognize the right transformation way.

regards

Mike