This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Edit Multi Choice custom ticket fields

I have a custom ticket field that is multiple choice that needs changed.

One of the choices is "New Employee" we want to change it to "Employee Maintenance"

I don't see an option to edit the Options field, only a Clear.

• Good morning,

You just open the custom field and change the current Label to Employee Maintenance (or whatever you would like) and then save.   What I am not sure of is what it does to previous tickets titled "New Employee".

Thanks,

• Suggestion here is add an additional option "Employee Maintenance" within the custom field, and keep the old one. Now search for all tickets with the old custom field entry and bulk change them to the new one. Then delete the "New Employee" option.

This will ensure that all old custom field matches in old tickets you have with the old name, and will help when you produce queries or reports.

If you've already renamed without changing the old tickets, simply add the old option in again, then search and bulk edit those as described above.

Chris