Element Count UX

Found a UX element that might be an opportunity to clarify?

As you can see below, the High Availability Deployment Summary page shows that I am monitoring 3,479 elements.

When I switch to the Deployment Health page, it shows that I am monitoring 14,182 elements with SAM.

Is the first number (HA Deployment Summary) referring to the total number of NPM nodes, or some other element?

Is the second number (Deployment Health) really referring to the number of components that SAM is monitoring?

Ultimately, either I need more training, or it's a candidate for a clarifying tweak in verbiage. Thanks!

Element Count UX.png

• Good catch, *usually* they refer to elements when talking about NPM monitored objects and components when talking about things we need SAM licenses for.

This is the swql query I used to keep tabs on all that stuff, paste it into a Custom Query resource on a dashboard.

pastedImage_0.png

SELECT e.ServerName, e.IP, e.ServerType, concat(scale.PropertyValue,'x') as [Stacked Pollers], npm.PropertyValue as [NPM Polling %],e.Elements, e.Nodes, e.Interfaces, e.Volumes, sam.PropertyValue as [SAM Polling %], comp.SAMComponents, appins.AppInsightComponents, e.PollingCompletion, e.MinutesSinceKeepAlive, 

CASE

WHEN PollingCompletion < 98 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Serious.png'

WHEN PollingCompletion > 98 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Check.png'

END AS [_IconFor_PollingCompletion]

, CASE

WHEN MinutesSinceKeepAlive > 2 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Serious.png'

WHEN MinutesSinceKeepAlive <2 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Check.png'

END AS [_IconFor_MinutesSinceKeepAlive]

,CASE

WHEN npm.PropertyValue> 90 THEN '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Critical.gif'

WHEN npm.PropertyValue> 75 THEN '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Warning.gif'

ELSE '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Up.gif'

END AS [_IconFor_NPM Polling %],CASE

WHEN sam.PropertyValue> 90 THEN '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Critical.gif'

WHEN sam.PropertyValue> 75 THEN '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Warning.gif'

ELSE '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Up.gif'

END AS [_IconFor_SAM Polling %]

,'/Orion/Admin/Details/Engines.aspx' as [_linkfor_ServerName]

FROM Orion.Engines e

left join Orion.EngineProperties npm on e.EngineID = npm.EngineID and npm.PropertyName='Orion.Standard.Polling'

left join Orion.EngineProperties sam on e.EngineID = sam.EngineID and sam.PropertyName='APM.Components.Polling'

left join Orion.EngineProperties scale on e.EngineID = scale.EngineID and scale.PropertyName='Scale Licenses'

left join (select n.engineid,count(n.Applications.Components.ComponentID) as SAMComponents

from orion.nodes n

where n.Applications.Template.Name not like 'appinsight%'

group by n.EngineID) comp on comp.engineid=e.EngineID

left join (select n.engineid,count(n.Applications.Components.ComponentID) as AppInsightComponents

from orion.nodes n

where n.Applications.Template.Name like 'appinsight%'

group by n.EngineID) appins on appins.engineid=e.EngineID

order by ServerName

• Yeah, it looks like a slip on their usage of element versus component. Thanks for sharing the query!