1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 16, 2019 12:21 PM by monitoringlife

I'm having some trouble with adding alerts.

don.crittendon

I go through the process of adding all info in each tab. When I get to the summary tab and ready to submit, the number of objects is 0 and shouldn't be. Of course if I submit at this point, the alert is created, but not associated with any object. What's going on here? What am I doing wrong?

• Re: I'm having some trouble with adding alerts.
          monitoringlife

Alerts are not a traditional association to objects.  It is a database query that is run and will return anyone that matches the logic.  Sorry for bad analogy: Shouting into a large room, "who is over 90% CPU", whoever raises their hand is the winner.  It does this every (1 minute by default) in a 'are we there yet, are we there yet' fashion.

The number that populates at the end of the alert builder UI is a helper that lets you know how many would trigger at that moment in time if you hit submit, not the total number of applicable/associated objects.

Can you share some screenshots of what your doing?  Is the alert your crafting expected to fire the moment the alert is generated (ex: making a cpu alert, and you have a switch with 100% at that moment).