This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Removal of default website in appsight for IIS

Hi GUys,

I got a request from one of the users.

They would like to remove the Default Website in Appsight for IIS.

I have tried everything but it seems the only way is to delete the default website.

pastedImage_0.png

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

• alex81  wrote:

Hi GUys,

I have tried everything but it seems the only way is to delete the default website.

pastedImage_0.png

We have traditionally restricted changes to our appInsight templates, but this is a request I'm monitoring under   If you're interested, please upvote that feature request.

• alex81  wrote:

Hi GUys,

pastedImage_0.png

Can you confirm whether this has been deleted in IIS? Are you trying to remove this just from being monitored?

• While AppInsight templates are locked from being changed, there is still a way to unmanage any of the components that are discovered within the AppInsight application template.

Here is one way that you can accomplish this. Starting at the point shown in your screen shot, click on the 'DefaultAppPool' object link. On the proceeding page, you'll see the details of the 'DefaultAppPool' application pool. If you click the button to 'Unmanage Application Pool' (or likewise for the Default Site, etc) if will no longer monitor and no longer alert on this component.

DefaultAppPool.png

CAVEAT: Whenever you update Orion OR rediscover the node[s], you will most likely need to re-unmanage this component. That has been my experience. (serena​, I should probably submit this as a bug/feature request?)

• sturdyerde  wrote:

While AppInsight templates are locked from being changed, there is still a way to unmanage any of the components that are discovered within the AppInsight application template.

Here is one way that you can accomplish this. Starting at the point shown in your screen shot, click on the 'DefaultAppPool' object link. On the proceeding page, you'll see the details of the 'DefaultAppPool' application pool. If you click the button to 'Unmanage Application Pool' (or likewise for the Default Site, etc) if will no longer monitor and no longer alert on this component.

DefaultAppPool.png

CAVEAT: Whenever you update Orion OR rediscover the node[s], you will most likely need to re-unmanage this component. That has been my experience. (serena , I should probably submit this as a bug/feature request?)

yup you're correct, please add it as a feature request.

• Done! Was the request written clearly enough?

• sturdyerde  wrote:

Done! Was the request written clearly enough?

Yes sir thank you!