3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2019 7:31 AM by HerrDoktor

Device template for a Sophos XG Firewall

johncranen

Dear All,

I want to manage my configurations on a Sophos XG Firewall using NCM. I have looked for existing Device templates, but neither Solarwinds nor here in the Thwack community I was able to find one.

So I'm trying to create my own and run into the following issues:

1) When I telnet to the Sophos Firewall I get prompted for a Password rather than a Username

Telnet

2) After logging in I get a Menu before I get to the console:

menu

I am getting confused which (Pre) commands to use to arrive at the device console

Does anyone already have a device template for Sophos or can give me directions as to how configure it?

Thanks much, John

• Re: Device template for a Sophos XG Firewall
          HerrDoktor

I have played around with the Sophos SG a bit, and found that the config is not really displayed over SSH in a format, that NCM can properly understand.

Can you list the commands with screenshots how you would obtain the config on the XG?

Maybe the XG is a bit more friendly than the SG.

• Re: Device template for a Sophos XG Firewall
              johncranen

From the web interface you can export/import the (Selective) configuration files resulting in a .tar file containing XML.

export

These XML files would be readable by NCM and a good base to check on differences and select which version to import to restore a "good" situation.

I have looked for possibilities to run the export from the console/Advanced Shell and the location of the config files on the Sophos firewall, but have not found any

So I know what I want, but not how to get it. I guess no one else before me did either