Allied Consultants, Inc. is an Austin-based firm which has for 25 years been a premier provider of technical and business professionals to clients in Texas. We are currently seeking an experienced Build and Release Engineer to be key resources on a technical services team.
Our Client requires assistance in the development and implementation of technical policies, procedures and standards; review current policies, procedures, and processes to assist in the assessment, documentation and recommendation of opportunities, best practices, benefits, risks, methods to optimize/reduce cost, reduce licensing exposures, and track agency owned hardware and software.
- Plan, develop, evaluate and implement infrastructure, hardware and software solutions, network connections, and servers;
- Assist with building and deploying tasks, and providing planning for the support of operations staff in executing, testing, and rolling-out infrastructure solutions;
- Provide development support in planning and evaluating future and transition technical strategies, technology approaches, global architectures and technology solutions;
- Pro-actively assess the business needs of programs to identify, procure and implement technology solutions to address automation needs;
- Conduct research on emerging technologies and participate in efforts to review products and architectural solutions for program impact;
- Perform the role of technical lead for large application development projects and consult with management and staff on estimating, organizing and prioritizing projects;
- Participate in the development and implementation of technical policies, procedures and standards; review current policies, procedures, and processes to assist in the assessment, documentation and recommendation of opportunities, best practices, benefits, risks, methods to optimize/reduce cost, reduce licensing exposures, and track agency owned hardware and software;
- Apply sound logic, analytical ability and knowledge of systems, assets and licensing consumption to a variety of systems and processes, including; software license entitlement with vendors, licensing structure, relevance to organizational structure and audit practices.
IBM Clear Case OR similar tools (Subversion, GIT, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, etc)
IBM Build Forge, MavenArt, Artifactory OR similar tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
IBM ClearQuest OR similar tools (JIRA)
Experience with Build/Deploy operations and Software Development Life Cycle including experience with code builds, deployments, and troubleshooting
Sonarqube OR similar tools (Codacy, Landscape, etc.)
Linux (RHEL), Windows 2012, 2016
Knowledge of Information Technology Asset Management (ITAM) lifecycle, methodologies and best practices
Knowledge of and competency in emerging technologies
Knowledge of industry trends, directions, major issues, and regulatory considerations
Competency in multiple internet/intranet technologies;
Ability to work with others in a constructive and collaborative manner
Ability to think critically; to recognize and anticipate a problem (technical, operational, process, organizational) and to identify and implement the best solution in a timely manner
Excellent written and oral presentation skills
Ability to lead multiple Service Provider teams to a technical solution;
Allied Consultants offers its family of consultants’ excellent rates, a local support staff, and an attractive benefits package which includes medical insurance, life insurance, a matching 401(k) plan and a cafeteria plan.
Candidates selected for interview may be required to undergo criminal background checks and a drugs screen in accordance with Federal and State Law. Offers of Employment are contingent on a successful background check.
Allied Consultants is an equal opportunities employer. For more information about current positions, go to the Careers section at www.alliedconsultants.com or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org