This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

CONNECT VIA* ISSUE - RANCID JUMPHOST

Hi Everyone,

i would like to seek help as to where my issue lies on my device config.

since our juniper device could not be access directly from our desktop we need to first access a jump-host server via our RANCID (linux-based).

i already configured the juniper device (MX - Juniper.Router) to connect via* RANCID-JUMPHOST, which is configured as a seperate device under Generic.Device

Im trying to send a simple juniper command - "show system uptime" to see if the jumphost will redirect to the juniper device, but upon checking on activity log it shows

that when it is in Login "Generic Device: RANCID-JUMPHOST" after that its stuck on "Waiting for command prompt" and after many seconds it will fail on "Did not receive command prompt after connecting via SSH"

I have configured variations as follow for the JUMPHOST:

pastedImage_0.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And still not working, please see debug below:

<NEWSESSION CatTools 3.7.0 7/11/2019 1:19:22 AM>

<PROTOCOL=SSH2>

<DEVICE TYPE=Generic.Device>

<ACTIVITY TYPE=Device.CLI.Send commands>

<ACTIVITY SCRIPT=C:\Program Files (x86)\CatTools3\Scripts\Client.Device.CLI.Send commands.txt>

<USERS NAME FOR DEVICE=RANCID-JUMPHOST>

<C OK 1:19:26 AM><R-1:19:26 AM>Last login: Wed Jul 10 13:12:03 2019 from 172.31.33.65[13][13][10]FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE-p10 (GENERIC) #0: Mon May 13 21:20:50 UTC 2019[13][10][13][10]************************************ATTENTION ***************************************[13][10]*THIS COMPUTER, THE NETWORK AND SYSTEMS TO WHICH IT IS LINKED AND THE SOFTWARE, DATA*[13][10]* FOR MANAGEMENT OF THE SYSTEM, TO  *[13][10]*FACILITATE PROTECTION AGAINST UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, AND TO VERIFY SECURITY          *[13][10]*PROCEDURES, SURVIVABILITY AND OPERATIONAL SECURITY.  ALL INFORMATION INCLUDING     *[13][10]*PERSONAL INFORMATION, PLACED ON OR SENT OVER THIS SYSTEM MAY BE MONITORED. USES OF *[13][10]*THIS SYSTEM, AUTHORIZED OR UNAUTHORIZED, CONSTITUTE CONCENT TO MONITORING OF THIS  *[13][10]*SYSTEM. UNAUTHORIZED USE MAY SUBJECT YOU TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.                  *[13][10]*************************************************************************************[13][10][13][10]Please use the following commands to update rancid:[13][10][09]To login as rancid: rancid-login[13][10]        To update the host file: host-edit[13][10][13][10]$ <W-1:19:26 AM>[13]<R-1:19:27 AM>[13][10]$

================================================================================

WFMDRetVal=1 Waiting for: ">"

WFMDRetVal=2 Waiting for: "#"

WFMDBuffer="[13][10]$ "

================================================================================

WFMDRetVal=1 Waiting for: ">"

WFMDRetVal=2 Waiting for: "#"

WFMDRetVal=3 Waiting for: "Username:"

WFMDRetVal=4 Waiting for: "Password"

WFMDBuffer="[13][10]$ "

Thanks for the help!

Regards