This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Services Configuration Failed: One or more error occurred

Hello Thwack Community,

I am have a little issue here and was hoping one of you can point me in the right direction. I can't seem to find anything in the KB's. I migrated our database off of one SQL database to another. That part seems to went fine, but when I got to run the Configuration Wizard to sync everything back up the Configuration Wizard Fails around 5% with the above error.

This is the last running message before I get the error.

pastedImage_0.png

Below is the error. Any help would be appreciated!

pastedImage_1.png

• Hi.

Without access to the CW log there is no way to tell what exactly went wrong in your case. Do you have maybe support ticket created already with attached diagnostics? That would make it easier to troubleshoot.

Thanks!

• The Configuration Wizard Log is located under 'C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\Logs\Orion\ConfigurationWizard.log'

• aLTeReGo​, kacperm

Yes I do have a ticket open and uploaded the diagonstics zip file as well as a list of my Web Front End and Db server OS and SQL Builds. The ticket # is 00346796. Hopefully this helps!

Cole

• So I found that Configuration Wizard was not able to properly finish its job, because OpenJDK could not be updated. Apparently its files are held by another process. You can check whether there is no activity on that component and try to kill any attached process before running CW again.

• SUCCESS! emoticons_happy.png

I killed the OpenJDK process and it made it past the failure point. It did fail again at another spot but the configuration wizard told me that I needed to delete the local SQL account that the database uses. After that, everything has been working like a champ!

Customer Service just called me and I let them know that you resolved the problem. Thanks for your help!  kacperm​ and aLTeReGo

• How does OpenJDK appear in Task Manager?  I am in the process of migrating my database as well, and I am getting the same error message.  I don't see anything in task manager named OpenJDK.

Thanks!

• I had to kill off the Universal Device Poller application to get past this error. Not sure if that's what they were referring to above with OpenJDK, but it did resolve my issue and allow me to proceed through the CW.

• A mi me ocurre lo mismo, me da el mismo error:

ERROR TaskAdapter - Error running task Orion.DeployingPackages Deploying packages System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\ES_RDP_USER_01\AppData\Local\Temp\SWPackagingTemp\OpenJDK\13\lib\ct.sym' because it is being used by another process.

Pero no veo ningún proceso llamado openJDK. ¿me podéis ayudar?

Gracias.

Saludos.

• There does not have to be process explicitly called OpenJDK since it is just the platform, you may have other applications simply using some of its components. You can stand up process monitor and see what is blocking the file ct.sym and kill that process.

• Hello,

Have a good day!!

Just wanted to check if you've got any permanent solution for this issue?

We have a large scale environment of Solarwinds, its bit difficult to do workaround solution everytime.