This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Create View with Node and Virtual Details

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to the Orion product. I've watched some training videos to help me but not sure if what I am trying to accomplish is even possible. I have VMAN, SAM and most of the other modules in my environment. I am trying to create a view for other teams that give stats on the servers that support their teams applications.

My goal on the view is to host certain stuff about Nodes such as disk space, average cpu and memory. Those show up just fine. However, when I want to add widgets that involve the Virtual Machines themselves it always says there is no data to show. I've made a group that has both the Node and Virtual Machine and then on my View did a Single group and used that as my limiting group.

Is it just not possible to create a single NOC or just view that has both Node and Virtual Machine details? Am I just going to need 2 separate views and give them two websites to check?

• What sort of Widgets are you trying to add related to the VM's if they are managed as Nodes then you should be able to group them with a Custom Property which can be used to filter the view or via Account limitations. If you're trying to show up stats from the VMAN that might be slightly trickier but would depend on what you want to see. Maybe share some screenshots of what you have, and what else you want and we can try to guide you.