This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Installing Patch manager for the first time

Hello there,

I'm getting ready to install Patch manager for the first time.  We purchased this product to patch our 3rd party software only (adobe, java..etc...).  We currently have SCCM in placed already in production and we want to integrate Patch Manager with our SCCM.  I'm a little confused as to where to install Patch Manager.  Do I install this on a dedicated server?  Or do I install this on the SCCM Primary Server?  Also, would I have an option to install the database to an existing separate SQL (where the SCCM DB is located) database server or is it best to install it on the self DB? 

• Anyone?  I found this, Integrate Patch Manager with SCCM , but it really doesn't state anything helpful.  This states to install the full blown patch manager on the same server as the SCCM server.  Then I called Support and they state to install it on a dedicated server, but then they state to run the PM package manager installer on the SCCM server to integrate but I don't see anything during setup that has an option to integrate to SCCM