This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

API LINK FOR SOLARWINDS 12.4 fails with authorization error

We recently upgraded Solarwinds from version 12.0 to 12.4, since upgrade the API link has not been accessible.

https://x.x.x.x:17778/SolarWinds/InformationService/v3/Json/Query

It just says user is not authorized though the account is part local admin group on app server and also has admin level access on application.

in Orion.Informanservice log, noticed following error.

2019-06-25 16:12:36,019 [108] ERROR SolarWinds.Data.Providers.Orion.OrionAccountValidator - (null) (null)  Failed to validate username and password for user 'xxxadmin'.

System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.DirectoryOperationException: The server cannot handle directory requests.

Would appreciate an early response. Thanks.

• You may want to follow the troubleshooting steps described in the following thread to gather some additional information.  That may help in diagnosing the root cause of this authentication problem.

http request was forbidden with client authentication scheme 'Basic'

Additional details about exactly how you are invoking this API link (with server names and passwords masked, of course) could also be helpful.

• Hello,

I was wondering if you have found a resolution for this.

• Not yet, we still have this issue.

• Hello,

We too are getting the same problem when we use a MS Active Directory domain account.  The problem goes away when we use an Orion Individual Account.  By the way, I checked the Information Service log and I see the entry shown below every time I try to run the API using the domain account.

2019-10-08 16:55:27,110 [180] ERROR SolarWinds.Data.Providers.Orion.OrionAccountValidator - (null) (null)  Failed to validate username and password for user 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx'.

System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.DirectoryOperationException: The server cannot handle directory requests.

at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.ErrorChecking.CheckAndSetLdapError(Int32 error)

at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapSessionOptions.FastConcurrentBind()

at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.CredentialValidator.BindLdap(NetworkCredential creds, ContextOptions contextOptions)

at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.CredentialValidator.Validate(String userName, String password)

at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.ValidateCredentials(String userName, String password)

at SolarWinds.Data.Providers.Orion.OrionAccountValidator.CheckWindowsAccountPassword(String username, String password)

at SolarWinds.Data.Providers.Orion.OrionAccountValidator.CheckPassword(String username, String password, OrionMembershipUser user)

at SolarWinds.Data.Providers.Orion.OrionAccountValidator.Validate(String username, String password)

Obviously, I replaced the actual username with a bunch of X's. emoticons_wink.png  Anyway, I gave the account FULL ADMIN rights, but it is still failing.  Any ideas?