This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Programs acting oddly

lately all of the toolset programs open up a "windows installer" box before if FINALLY opens the program. This happens for every program even after I close out and come back in. Please help.

edit: I forgot to mention earlier but I have uninstalled then reinstalled already.
  • I got it fixed. If anyone else has this problem. here is my solution. Open the registry editor and navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved. Add a string value with the name of {BDEADF00-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F} and another string value with the name of {42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597}
  • helmsc,

Thanks for posting your solution. We were looking into the issue on our end as well and were unable to duplicate. Can you provide any additional details on what seemed to be the root cause of the issue? If this is an installer issue, we'd like to make sure this is resolved in subsequent releases.

Thanks,

Chris LaPoint
    Sr. Product Manager
    SolarWinds