6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2019 10:59 AM by dbonin

Give us your use cases for WPM

jvb

As we continue to work on feature parity and refine the features in the new WPM 3.0 recorder we are interested to see how customers are using certain features in the old recorder so that we can insure we provide a useful experience. Here is your chance to help us with that goal. We are looking for use cases where the following features are required.

• Image Match
      • X, Y Capture Mode
      • Conditional Blocks
      • File Upload / Download

If you have a use case (preferably with screen shots or an exported recording you are willing and able to share) please leave it in the comments below!

Thanks!

• Re: Give us your use cases for WPM
          nmoura38

optional and conditional feature was useful

acandell

My companies usecase is to go to pages such as status.okta.com and status.office265.com and use the image verification to verify that the service is up or not. This is not possible with text verification.

osborne_graham

In all our cases I use it to replicate a user browsing a site in order to test response of certain components - I like the waterfall charting, it can be very useful. On one occasion we had an externally hosted web app that our users were complaining about response time during certain times. After their extensive diagnosis by their support team they pointed the finger in our direction as the cause so I setup a browse to the site every 15 minutes in WPM and several days later presented them with the statistics that proved all was good to the point of entering data into their form and the delay was in their response to the queries, proving the issue was between the app and their database - I had a smug grin on my face that day I can tell you! The image match is useful and just the ease of being able to record logins.

David Smith

Very handy for checking when items come back into stock on the Thwack store!

one customer was using the conditional blocks for password conditions that needed random characters from your password.

jklundy

Conditional blocks - We use these to account for things like a password expiration warning popup.

There also needs to be a way to ignore certificate warnings.  It won't even attempt to record if it detects a certificate error.

Kevin

dbonin

These are features that would make our lives so much easier and help make WPM a better competitor in the synthetic monitoring space.

Conditional steps - very useful for dynamic pages  "if <locators> is found then do <action> (with configurable timeout to wait for the locators object)

Synchronization:

• wait for page to load (with configurable timeout)
                    • wait for CSS element (with configurable timeout)

FILTER:

• 3rd party filter - filter out requests to URL containing <text>
                    • resources <filter out .jpg .gif. png etc etc> same as above, really.

Nice to haves:

• Fall back locators? - if an locators  is not found try to locate alternate fall back locators
                    • Show locators in the editor.

Thanks!!

Don