This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IPAM - Configure subnet automatic scanning via API

Hello,

Can you tell me if it is possible to configure subnet scanning (polling engine, scan interval etc) via the API?

I've looked through the schema but I can't find anything that allows this.   I've also looked at the properties of a subnet that has scanning enabled (via swis.read('uri'))  but it doesn't refer to the polling engine anywhere, and the output doesn't change if I disable the poller.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Darragh

• Take a look at the following documentation, under the CRUD operations for IPAM.Subnet heading.  You should be able to set the ScanInterval property on IPAM.Subnet.  I'm not sure whether it is possible to change the polling engine via the API.

IPAM 4.7 API · solarwinds/OrionSDK Wiki · GitHub

• Hi Dan,

I did see the scan interval property in IPAM.Subnet, but it does not appear to be related to the scan interval configured in  asubnet's automatic scanning properties.     I just tested by updating the automatic scanning interval through the GUI, and then pulling down the information via swis.read - there was no change.

• Hi Darragh,

Well, this is strange - if you will use CRUD on IPAM.Subnet it will actually update the ScanInterval for a given entity (you will see the updated value in the UI. If you will query IPAM.GroupNode - the entity IPAM.Subnet's data is based on - you will also see updated value). But if you will query IPAM.Subnet you will still see 'NULL' as ScanInterval. (I have reported this as a Bug - tracked as IPAM-2885)

So you can use CRUD operations for IPAM.Subnet to change the scan interval. Unfortunately, you can't use it to assign the subnet to specific PollingEngine (this is currently not supported from the API)

• i've done it about a year ago in scripts by using the executesql command under reporting to update the appropriate fields in the db, it worked at the time.