This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Poller for I/O Port 2 on APC AP9631 Temperature Probe

I have a few hundred APC Smart UPSs with  AP9631 NMCs

On a handful of these there seems to a problem with I/O Port 1 when plugging in a temperature probe (constantly connecting and disconnecting).

On all of these, the issue doesn't exist on Port 2.

Orion sees these devices long enough to get readings, but the event logs on the UPS are full of these errors with is very annoying, and I have to set them up to not email on those critical errors.

Does someone know a way to setup a Universal Device Poller to read Port 2 instead of Port 1?

I'm using OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.10.2.3.2.1.4 and looking around in the tree I don't see an alternative or a way to specify what port the probe is plugged into.

If the probe is plugged into Port 2 the reading in Orion is always -1

I am going on the assumption that this is because it's not reading the correct port - Is this assumption incorrect and maybe there is another reason for this?

• Hi 212

I have have something close I think..

The APC smart UPS I use work with  1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.10.1.3.3.1.4

Try that poller

poller.UnDP
  • Well ... closer to reality. Instead of -1 degree, it says 1 degree.

I also tried 1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.10.3.13.1.1.3

That one says 2 degrees

Unfortunately, neither one is correct

If I have them move the probe back to port 1, the temperature is correct, it just keeps giving an error that it's disconnecting. Perhaps the probe is just faulty???

• Not sure...

I know that OiD i use will read temp from port1 and port2.

• Crazy ... After playing around with the different OIDs, I gave up and tried another UPS in case it was the cable ... no luck. Same exact thing on the next UPS. However, when I went back to the first UPS, I was suddenly getting readings on my original poller. Several cycles later it's still working fine, but the 2nd UPS I was working on still doesn't work with any of the settings - yet there is a temperature if I log into the unit. I just don't know.

Thanks for you input.