This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Bandwidth Report

Dear all,

I would like to set up a daily report about Bandwidth at a wan interface.

I just found a solution for that. But, I would like to share with you, in order to make my system optimal.

I need a daily bandwidth report like that:

pastedImage_0.png

I set the interface polling-> Statistics Collection to 1 minute

Then I set up a chart with

pastedImage_1.png

I´m not sure if choosing an Average Receive series it´s the right option, although it´s the option whose I get the best values.

Could anyone recommend me any other option?

Best regards,

• So the min/avg/max values are actually all the same on data as far back as you have for your "detailed" interface retention in the polling settings, defaults to 7 days.  They only start to spread out once your data is getting condensed to the hourly/daily values.

Where things can get a bit more complicated with the charts is that the charting tool does some hidden averaging when you have more data points than they want to show on the display.  I know I was told the max number of points once before and I want to say its in the 300-400ish range.  If you select a granularity and duration where there would be more than that number of datapoints the charting tool will automatically start to average them out into whatever interval it needs to get under it's display limit.  I don't know off the top of my head if it handles the case differently if you select min or max, but i suspect that it just always averages the values which can be a bit misleading.

• Thanks mesverrum for your comments.

I´m learning a lot with your comments.

Regards,