This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SAM Alert for 1 service running in 4 servers

I want to create new alert to monitor a service running in 4 servers. I have got 4 Production servers with the same service.

I have already created new template with Windows Services Component in SAM 6.7.0.

Now I want alert will be sent following the rule below:

- If service down in 1 server send Email1.

- If service down in 2 servers send Email2

- If service down in 3 servers send Email 3.

- If service down in 4 servers send Email 4.

Can you help me solve this ?

Thanks you !

• Hi hungpq4284​ - My first question would be do you need the different alerts to be sent to different Email groups? If not then I might ask why the difference in the tiers? The first thing that comes to mind is to group those Applications together and then alert on the Group status change based on Worst Case, so if 1 or more services go down you get an alert. But it would be a single alert to the same destination.

If you need different email destinations depending on how many servers are impacted you might have to get rather complex with the alert conditions and use the Advanced Feature "Alert can be triggered if more or equal X objects (at the same time) have met the specified condition and then trigger single alert". But you would need multiple alerts and each one would fire in turn as the number of servers impacted grows.