This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

CFailed login - user not authorized !!!username: XXXXXX (not able to download Cofig)

HI All,

test2.pngtest3.png

I am using NPM Ver 7.3.2,  i am facing a strange problem,

i am not able to down load config  from Cisco router (891/K9). when ever i try to down load the Configuration, it gives me a error  "Unable to Log into Router : Timeout : bad username"

I can log in the same router with Putty using telnet port 23.  i am using same username and password as used in Profile of NCM.

When i Test the Profile

from Node (Edit Properties). -->connection Profile.--> show credential login details

i see that for user name it is taking some "Garbage value". c

i have also done session trace. in it also its showing username as"Garbage value"

can an any body help me. i am using Device template as -- Auto, also tried Cisco

attaching the snap shot

Parents Reply
  • Jiri

Thanks for your reply, dew to company security  policy i cant disclose the the username.  but the User name is in Plane test

i.e Username as example -- Solarwinds. but when seen in this test window it looks garbled.

i have around 5k devices but this is happening for only few.  for rest of devices i can see username in clear text for same username.

there is no acl applied on the device.

can you help me out here.

Children