This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Solarwinds NPM availability reports

Do the Solarwinds NPM availability reports consider maintenance mode while calculating node availability/uptime?

• If you unmanage a node it skews availability, because during the unmanaged time we do not poll and so the total number of intervals during the period becomes inconsistent.

For example, over a 24 hour period:

If the node never goes down outside maintenance, 100%

If the node was down for 144 minutes, up the rest of the day, 90%

If the node was down for 144 minutes, up the rest of the day, but got unmanaged for an hour when it was supposed to be up, 89.56%

Unmanaged objects can be pretty wacky in terms of uptime reporting unfortunately, haven't figured out a good method to balance it all out myself.

• Hello,

Thanks for the response. Just so I’m clear, let’s assume I put a node into maintenance mode for 90 minutes (using the “schedule”, then mute option) during a scheduled outage...are those 90 minutes are disregarded when calculating availability?

Best regards,

Ade

• Mute has no effect on availability calculations.   If the node goes down during the mute period is will be calculated as normal.   There's no built in provision in Orion to calculate availability outside of scheduled maintenance windows, only the raw availability.

• OK...thanks very much.  Is there any way to run a separate report for the maintenance windows?

On Saturday, June 15, 2019, 8:27:40 AM EDT, mesverrum wrote:

|

Solarwinds NPM availability reports

reply from mesverrum in Network Performance Monitor - View the full discussion

Mute has no effect on availability calculations.   If the node goes down during the mute period is will be calculated as normal.   There's no built in provision in Orion to calculate availability outside of scheduled maintenance windows, only the raw availability.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on THWACK

Start a new discussion in Network Performance Monitor by email or at THWACK

Following Solarwinds NPM availability reports in these streams: Inbox

|

To find answers to your questions and up-to-the-minute product info, please visit the THWACK forums.

This email was sent to the email address used on your THWACK account.

Unsubscribe

Change Preferences

SolarWinds, 7171 Southwest Parkway, Building 400, Austin, Texas 78735

• I was wondering the same thing.