This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Device Tracker Search Results - add more columns??

On day 2 of our UDT trial and am a little disappointed. It seems such a powerful tool but seems to display information in a poor way, if it all.

Ive gone into Endpoint Vendors and chosen one of our printer manufactures and am, well, a little underwhelmed by the lack of information available, and am hooping it is configurable but suspect it probably isnt.  All the information is there in a DB somewhere, so Id like to be able to view it.

I was expecting the search results to yield the printer, name, mac, ip, switch name, port number, all in one big easy to see list.  Instead its just showing me the MAC and the Match Type Vendor and no obvious place to add more columns.  I have to then select the MAC to reveal the info for that single device.  Why cant all of this info be presented within the search results as a big list.  We could then easily see all of our printers (or other vendors) ans where they are connected.

Is this possible at all?

• Must admit, having had UDT for over a week, in completely underwhelmed by its usability.. but then, Solarwinds never ceases to disappoint me!  Its such a poorly integrated collection of modules!

im hoping its just how its configured, but then, we have had a professional services installation!

I had expected, hoped and just assumed I would be able to see things like which ports/switches these devices were connected to, who is logged in,... all within this one view.  After all, the db contains all of the misinformation, there is plenty of space to show it, but no option to!

It really disappoints me that even viewing things like switch port utilization can only been seen on a report, and not the node view, which shows individual ports anyway, so why not a column showing when the state of the port last changed. 

This view is just pointless!

Capture.PNG

• This is the search function.  It is pretty limited.  I understand you want to have more details here, but this is not a report.  This is simply the search function and you really need to click on the item to show more details.

if you are expecting a report, then you can create one.  If you need to have improvements on the search function, then it should be filed as a feature request.  However, based on the function which is searching, it does serve it's purpose.