1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 13, 2019 5:38 PM by jfaldmo

Need help on setting log file monitoring for a cron job running daily

pratikmehta003

Hi All,

I need your help.. we have a requirement to monitor cron job which runs every day at a particular time... now they want to set an alert whenever the output of that file has 'error' text in it.... so which component will be more efficient to achieve this...

• Re: Need help on setting log file monitoring for a cron job running daily
          jfaldmo

I know this is old but I thought I would reply anyway in case it might be helpful to someone. The more efficient way to achieve this is to use something like Kiwi Logs (I assume) or Splunk (something I use.)

If you did want to use SAM for this then there is a template called Log Parser (Perl) that would help you out. You would have to just apply the template to a node and then override the default settings by changing the filename and what word you are looking for. The official documentation is here Log Parser (Perl) . But you may need additional reading if you are not familiar with how to override the templates. Or ask your questions here and me or someone else can probably help you out more.

1 of 1 people found this helpful