This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Manually assign ticket to a group

We are VERY new to WHD, and trying to make our system flow as follows:
-Client opens new ticket with required information.
-All new tickets will automatically go to the "Help Desk" group

-A Tech from within the "Help Desk" group will assign the ticket to the appropriate Group

From what I am seeing, the only way to assign a ticket to a Group, is to tie the Request Type to a Group, and to select the appropriate Request Type from there.

Problem with this is we may multiple Groups working the same Request Type.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• The way that we have it set up, we have three groups in tiers: Level 1, Level 2, Manager. The techs are all assigned in Level 1, but then the ticket can be escalated to its appropriate category by any tech. Hope that helps!    

• So if the tiers have to be configured within that Group, that wouldn't work, because we have different groups that a ticket would need to go to, i.e:
    Networks
    Servers
    Web

Application Support

However, if changing the tier would also change the Group, that would definitely work, but I don't know WHD well enough to know if that can be done.

Or am I looking at wrong?

• Hi! From what I have been doing... Each group has their tiers i.e. Network level 1, network level 2, group manager. If a ticket needs to be reassigned, based on what I have learned and experienced that it can be reassigned to another group. Is this what you are trying to do?

• Hello, and thank you for that! So you're saying a ticket CAN be reassigned to a different group, but the only way I see to do that is by changing the Request Type. The only thing I can change within the assigned Tech Group is the Escalation. My noob eyes do not see a way to manually assign the group, only the tech