2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2019 9:53 AM by ff_hernan

Alert for node if group has been down for x minutes

ff_hernan

Hi all,

We would like to create an alert where if a node goes down in a group that was already down for a certain amount of time, it triggers a new action.

Context:

A group will be marked as a down if 1 or more nodes go down with in it.

We primarily use group alerting as we do not want to receive notifications for multiple devices in the same group going down at the same time.

Example:

A group is down for 20 minutes, a node that was up within the group previously goes down. this should create a new alert.

I would also be happy to switch from groups to custom properties if it would make it easier to action

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

• Re: Alert for node if group has been down for x minutes
          zackm

I would recommend testing this out, but I think this gets you in the right ballpark using a Custom SWQL Alert:

SWQL Query with added comments:

-- Inner Join the Nodes entity with the Container (Groups) entity, aligning on the NodeID and filtering to only Group Members that are actually nodes
          JOIN Orion.Container AS Groups ON Groups.Members.MemberPrimaryID = Nodes.NodeID AND Groups.Members.MemberEntityType = 'Orion.Nodes'

-- Inner Join a sub-selection of the Container Status (Group Status) entity with the Container (Group), aligning on the ContainerID and filtering on Groups that have been Down (Status = 2) for over 20 minutes
          JOIN ( SELECT ContainerID, MAX(DateTime) AS [LastUp] FROM Orion.ContainerStatus WHERE Status = 2 GROUP BY ContainerID HAVING MAX(DATETIME) < ADDMINUTE(-20,GETUTCDATE()) ) AS [GroupStatus] ON GroupStatus.ContainerID = Groups.ContainerID

-- Filter the Nodes entity to only find Nodes in a Down state (Status = 2)
          WHERE Nodes.Status = 2