This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unable to Install Dameware 12.1

I recently had this problem :

"I am receiving errors when I trey to remote in to PCs on my network. They are all part of the domain, and I have an administrator account on the domain and the local PCs.
I have tried the trouble shooting steps in the FAQ articles but they didn't help.
If I use Windows NT Challenge to login I receive the -2146893044 error. If I use Encrypted Windows Login I receive the 1326 error.
This was working fine last week, and I have checked there were no network or security changes on the network over the weekend.
I had version 12.0.5 which wasn't working so I downloaded V12.1 and it still doesn't work."

After some logs and back and forwards with support I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. This fixed the problem.

Temporarily as it turned out ... :-(

Today I had the same problem and could not remote to any PCs. I logged the following case:

Dameware MRC stopped connecting to clients, with the same error as in my last ticket. Last time a reinstall fixed it.

So I removed Dameware from the Control Panel, deleted all SolarWInds directories (Program files and Program Data), rebooted the PC and tried to reinstall the 12.1 program I had just freshly downloaded.

It gets part way through then I receive the error "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"

I click OK, it rolls back the install and then asks for my email address.

How do I reinstall this please? I cannot support my users without the use of this program.

Has anyone come across this problem?? Know how to fix it??

Message was edited by: Murray Trickett Just after posting this I received a reply from Solarwinds support. They sent me the link o the license manager. Removed that properly and the Dameware installed fine.